Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jalapeno Corn Bread



I love anything spicy. Anything that says jalapeno I want to make it. When I was visiting my soldier a few weekends ago, he surprised me with a new cookbook and I found this delicious corn bread. I have been house sitting for the past week so I had to find a recipe that I could easily do in the foreign kitchen. I was very happy when I found out this recipe would work!


One of my new favorites :) Someone knows the cookbooks I like!




I happened to buy a can of Light Santa Fe style soup a few days before and the cornbread molded perfectly! It was a delicious spicy meal.

Jalapeno Cornbread (Printer Friendly Version)
tasteofhome Guilt Free Cooking


Ingredients:
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup cream-style corn
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper

Direction:

  1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the corn, egg substitute, cheddar cheese, milk, green onion, butter and jalapeno. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. 
  2. Pour into a 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425' for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Makes 9 servings
Nutrition: (per square) Calories 94; Fat 2g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 261mg; Carbs 15g; Fiber 1g; Protein 4g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...