Thursday, March 8, 2012

Poppy Seed Dressing


Man, this week has been crazy! I swear life likes to throw everything at me all at once. I haven't even been able to cook anything in four days and I'm having withdrawals. Tonight I even went to the store to find something to make for dinner, but I'm not going to be home this weekend and left overs would just go to waste. I can't wait to get something cooking again, and I hope things calm down soon!

I go to Panera Bread all the time, and in the summer they have a Strawberry Poppy Seed salad that I love. One day I was craving that delicious salad, but it's not on the menu right now, so why not just make it myself? This recipe isn't the one from the restaurant, but it is almost as good. It's refreshing, citrusy, and tangy. I paired it with a spinach strawberry salad. So fresh! 





Low Fat Poppy Seed Dressing
skinnychef.com

Ingredients:
1/4 cup low-fat yogurt, preferably plain Greek drained yogurt
Zest and lemon of one lemon
1 tablespoon sugar, or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive or canola oil

Directions:
  1. Combine yogurt, zest, lemon, sugar, poppy seeds, and salt; mix well. Stir in oil and chill.
  2. Toss with your choice of salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition: 

My choice of salad was a Spinach Strawberry Chicken Salad:
  1. 2 cups baby spinach
  2. 4 strawberries quatered
  3. 1/2 package of cooked chicken strips, like Foster Farms Grilled Chicken
  4. 1/8 cup pecans


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...