Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lemon-Pistachio Chicken




I really enjoy productive days off. Today I checked a few things off my list, as well as a few others that I wasn't expecting. Good thing I did everything early and now I can relax for the rest of the day. Pretty sure I'm going to cut this post short so I can go have a beer and wait for dinner to cook itself in the crock pot (to be posted soon).
:)


This recipe is great as a light lemony dinner. If you love lemon, and I mean LOVE, then you will enjoy this. It's very "airy" and summery. When it starts getting warm outside I promise to make this again, because this is definitely for one of those nights where it still above 90 and you just want to cool off. Yum!







Lemon-Pistachio Chicken
adapted from Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup pistachio nuts, toasted *
Lemon slices, optional

Directions:
  1. Remove fat from chicken. Cut chicken in half, or pound so each piece is 1/4-inch thick. Season both sides of chicken with lemon pepper.
  2. Heat oil in non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, lemon juice, and lemon peel in oil 15-20 minutes, turning chicken once and stirring juice mixture occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink and reaches 165ยบ. Serve with lemon slices. 
  3. *To toast nuts, place on ungreased skillet over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins. Stir constantly until golden brown. 
Serves 4
Nutrition: Calories 210; Fat 11g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 150mg; Protein 26g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...