Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheesy Margarita Pizza


It has been a long time since my last post, and I blame that on a previous recipe I tried last week. I had been looking at this recipe for a Peach Smoothie for weeks and finally decided to try it. The sun was out and it was finally warm. A good day for a smoothie. Never again will I try that recipe. Lets just say it included cottage cheese. As much as I love cottage cheese, and I really do, this is one way to never EVER eat it!!! 
After that fiasco, I found this delicious recipe! I even went out to buy a pizza stone. Now, I do not like the texture of tomatoes so I only bought one and put it on half of the pizza. For my half, I put on a few slices of turkey pepperoni (yummy and healthy)! 

I forgot to take a picture before I rolled out the dough. It is from Trader Joe's and is, of course, wheat! The first time I used this dough it took me almost 20m just to get to this shape. This time I looked up videos online about shaping dough and it helped! Plus, this dough always comes out soft and yummy!







Cheesy Margherita Pizza
Cooking Light - June 2010 Issue

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) refrigerated fresh pizza crust dough
2 plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup (2 oz) grated fresh Romano cheese
12 basil leaves, thinly sliced

Directions:
  1. Roll dough into a 16-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 16-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover loosely; let stand in a warm place (85') for 15 minutes. * 
  2. Drain tomatoes on paper towel.
  3. Preheat oven to 425'. 
  4. Sprinkle dough with 1/2 cup mozzarella; arrange tomato slices in a single layer over mozzarella. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Romano cheese evenly over tomatoes. 
  5. Bake at 425' for 20 minutes or until crust and cheese are browned.
  6. Cut pizza into 8 wedges, sprinkle evenly with basil
*The pizza stone was only 12 inches so I relaxed a little when I got to the cheese. Also, I followed the directions on the package for the dough. I think that is better if it is store bought.*

Make 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
Nutrition: Calories 442; Fat 17.1g; Protein 24g; Carb 54.2g; Fiber 2.7g; Chol 38mg; Sodium 777mg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...