Thursday, January 10, 2013

Skinny Pizza Pinwheels


This last week my husband came home from a year tour in Korea and in only a few days we will be making a long road trip to our new home half way across the country. So I may not be posting as much with the moving and unpacking I will be doing in the next few weeks. I will try to get on and post as much as I can. :)

I loved this recipe because it was so simple! We were going to watch a football game and I wanted to make something fast, but delicious. Very glad I found this recipe. They were done in minutes and I felt no guilt while eating them. When I find healthy game day snacks, I get very happy!


This is why seamless is better. My dough split apart and I thought keeping them in two pieces was smart, but it was not. I had to pull the pieces together, which was hard since I already put the filling on top. 


Skinny Pizza Pinwheels
dashing dish

Ingredients:
1 package reduced fat crescent rolls (seamless works best)
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 teaspoon basil/oregano mix 
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup turkey pepperonis, sliced into quarters (or mini turkey pepperoni)
1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the dough out over the prepared baking sheet, gently pulling on all four corners of the dough to stretch the dough out a bit. (If unable to find seamless, pinch seams together, keeping it as one large rectangle.)
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the sauce, seasonings, pepperoni, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture evenly out over dough, spreading evenly.
  3. Starting at long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolls into a long skinny log. Cut into eight even rolls.
  4. Arrange rolls swirl-side-up on baking sheet, if desired garnish top with cheese, and bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping if desired. 
Makes 8 pinwheels.
Nutrition: (per pinwheel) Calories 120; Fat 6g; Carb 13g; Protein 5g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...