Friday, March 1, 2013

Tex-Mex Chicken Panini


I am trying really hard to keep up with posting, but time keeps going so fast! I can't believe it's already March. Why couldn't last year gone this fast? One good thing is that I am trying so many new recipes, the bad thing is that I keep forgetting to take pictures and when I do I am lazy about typing up the recipes. Right now I'm busy trying to find a job, but I will try really hard to step up the posting.

Now I caught myself with this recipe, but it was after I started cooking. So as you can see I don't have the ingredient picture. This recipe was super quick and simple. My husband was a big fan of this sandwich so I am certain we will make this again!

The poblano peppers and onions are ready to be roasted.  




Tex-Mex Chicken Panini
adapted from Simply Delicious The Costco Way

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 rotisserie chicken)
1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1 cup non-fat mayonnaise
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper
4-6 sandwich rolls (ciabatta, torta, hoagie...etc)
3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
1 large white onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices, roasted
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:

  1. To roast peppers and onions: Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Place whole poblanos and onion slices on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the onions are tender and the poblano skins are blistered. Remove from oven; place poblanos in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. "Sweat" the chilies for 5-10 minutes until cool enough to handle. The skin should peel off easily. 
  2. To assemble panini: In a large bowl, combine chicken, tomatoes, mayonnaise, cilantro and garlic, mixing lightly but throughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Spoon about 3/4 cup of chicken mixture onto the bottom of half of each sandwich roll. Top evenly with poblano strips, onion slices, and cheese. Close the sandwiches.
  4. Grill the sandwiches in a panini press, on medium-high heat, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. This could also be done on a skillet over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Makes 6 sandwiches.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...