Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cranberry Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies



For the past few weeks, I have been loving dried cranberries. I work at Nordstrom in the cafe and there is a salad that has cranberries in it, and I fell in love with it! I saw this recipe and I instantly wanted to do it. Also, I love oatmeal cookies!

This recipe came from Everyday With Rachael Ray, November 2009 Issue. It was hard to find a good recipe at first because it was a Thanksgiving issue! I didn't feel like making a large turkey for the first recipe. :)

Here are your ingredients.



Cranberry Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs (I was out of eggs so I had to use egg substitutes. 1/4 cup = 1 large egg)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 6-oz package Ocean Spray Craisins Original Dried Cranberries (can be any brand)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips (I used dark chocolate, as it is healthier than white.)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375'F. 
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well.
  3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
  4. Stir in cranberries and white(dark) chocolate chunks.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper for cookies and it works wonders). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Cool on wire rack.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
*If there ever is nutritional information for a recipe I will post those as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...