Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cranberry Thanksgiving Sandwich


Eight days in a row at work really wears me out! I have taken a few more hours at work to save money and I am definitely paying for it in coffee and sleep. That is why it has taken me a while to find a good time to post. I also wanted something that wouldn't take too long and wouldn't cost a lot. This weekend I am going to visit my soldier (YAY!) so I didn't want to have any left overs that would just go bad while I'm away.

I was craving a hot panini and I found this beauty when looking for recipes. It may not be the pressed sandwich I had in mind, but this really hit the spot. With a little bit of cranberry sauce and deli turkey you can have a small taste of thanksgiving whenever you want!

Of course, after you have eaten your delicious meal you can save the cranberries and a bit of carved turkey to make this sandwich for a great Thanksgiving leftover! If you want to get a head start, deli turkey helps curb your Turkey day cravings. :)




Thanksgiving Sandwich (Printer Friendly version)
Food Network Magazine October 2010 Issue (50 Panini pull out cookbook)

Ingredients:
Sandwich sliced turkey
Cheese (deli cheese or spreadable cheese both work)
Cranberry Sauce
Potato Roll (I couldn't find a potato roll at the store, but an onion kaiser roll worked well)

Directions:
  1. Sandwich the turkey, cranberry sauce, and cheese between slices of potato bread. (As you can see I added a bit of baby arugula, I wanted a small crunch and just a little bit of veggies.)
  2. Cook in a skillet with butter until golden brown. (Do not press)
Makes 1 sandwich
Nutrition: (per sandwich) Calories 310, Fat 6g, Carbs 45mg, Protein 19g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 795g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...