Sunday, December 11, 2011

Double Chocolate Fudge



Oh man this has to be one of the best desserts I have made! For Christmas I like giving homemade presents, mostly food, and I wanted to test out my ability to make fudge before I just gave them to people. Well, I was presently surprised at how delicious these little cubes of heaven were. They are soft, creamy, not too rich, and are just perfect! The recipe is simple and very easy to follow. You will get a lot out of it as well. There was so much that I had to take some into work to give away. There was no way I was going to keep 2.5 pounds of chocolate fudge sitting on my counter begging for me to eat it! My coworkers loved it. That is when I knew this would be my Christmas gift. I even had a coworker take some to her husband and he asked her to get the recipe from me. :) I love spreading the word on delicious goodies!

I hope everyone isn't too busy with decorating and family to take a few minutes out of your day to make this for the ones you love!










Double Chocolate Fudge
MomsWhoThink Fudge Recipes


Ingredients:
2 cups (12oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (11.5 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
  1. In saucepan, over low-heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
  2. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup walnuts (if desired). Spread evenly into foil-lined 9-inch square pan.
  3. In another saucepan, over low heat, melt milk chocolate chips with remaining sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Remove from heat; stir in remaining walnuts (if desired).
  4. Spread over fudge in pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature. 
Makes about 2.5 pounds
Nutritional info not available. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...