Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spicy Steak Marinade


It's Sunday, and that means football right? Well, that could also mean that you pull the grill out one last time. I know, I know...it's fall, but if you are up here in the Pacific Northwest you are looking at clear blue skies and 70ยบ weather. I say that would be a great day to heat up that grill before it starts to rain for 100 days in a row. 

One day I was craving something spicy, but I was also in the mood for a grilled steak. Then it hit, spicy marinaded steak! I spent my day looking up marinade recipes but I couldn't find one that would help with my craving. So when I got home that night I looked around in my fridge and just pulled out the ingredients that I liked. You can change up the measurements to fit your taste if you want to. I like things with a kick, but you don't have to beat up your taste buds like I do with mine. :)



A great way to marinade meat. Just place your marinade and meat in a ziplock bag. I place the bag in a baking dish to eliminate any spillage in the fridge. Marinade the steaks for at least 5 hours or all night. 

Spicy Steak Marinade

Ingredients:
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
1/8 red wine vinegar

Direction:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, whisking until well mixed. Pour over desired steak, marinade at least 5 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...