Sunday, April 8, 2012

Light Alfredo Sauce


It's spring and that usually means Spring Cleaning! I have had the last week off before I start a new job so I had to find things to do around the house. Of course I stocked up on recipes and had a few craft projects (as you can see from my new Recipe Binder from the last post). Then I had the urge to reorganize almost everything. I never really got the bug for spring cleaning before. In fact, it wasn't until my mother mentioned my sudden need to clean that I realized what was happening. The weather has changed to something a little bit more tolerant, I start a completely new career tomorrow, and we have finally made it through 1/4 of this overseas tour. A lot of changes in the last few weeks, and of course a bit more time on my hands has given me the chance to makes things new. I like having my life a little bit more organized, and I like it when somethings get a makeover. Just like the blog today! 

As you can see I made a few changes to the look. I woke up this morning and looked at the dreary colors on this blog. All beige and brown. Very winter and fall to me. So I thought that adding a little more color would make things brighten up. I enjoy bright colors and the mood it can put people in. Hope you enjoy my sudden need for makeovers. :)





I was out of fettucini pasta, so I had to go with penne. You can use any pasta you wish, but I wish I had had fettucini!



Light Alfredo Sauce
CookingLight Complete Cookbook


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
3/4 cups (3oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and black pepper; cook 1 minute; stirring constantly. Pour over pasta. 
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Nutrition: (per serving 1/4 cups) Calories 145; Fat 11g; Protein 7.2mg; Carb 2.3g; Fiber 0mg; Cholesterol 42mg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...