Thursday, August 23, 2012

Skinny Green Chile and Chicken Enchiladas


My mexican food cravings come at the most odd times. I can crave an enchilada at 7am and I would be happy to have one for breakfast with no regrets. Pretty sure it's the mexican in me that makes my cravings so strong. I can have one craving for days. This dish was definitely the result of my need for enchiladas. I was lucky to have left over rotisserie chicken in my fridge, and I believe it makes dinner planning so much easier. Rotisserie chicken is a must have!







Skinny Green Chile and Chicken Enchiladas
adapted from CookingLight

Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno, seeds removed
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
24 oz can of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (or make your own!)
10 corn tortillas
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add jalapeno; cook 30 seconds. Take off heat, add chicken, salt, and pepper. 
  3. Spread 1/2 cup green Chile sauce on bottom of 13x9in baking dish. Place 1/4 cup of chicken mixture and 1 teaspoon of crumbled feta cheese on each tortilla; carefully roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Cover rolled tortillas with remaining sauce, making sure all is covered. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. 
  4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...