Friday, October 5, 2012

Grilled Peaches with Frozen Yogurt


I have always wanted to do a grilled fruit recipe. One day near the end of summer I couldn't take it anymore and just had to grill up some peaches. It was a little chilly that day so I pulled out my cast iron grill pan. In just a few minutes I had some beautifully caramelized peaches that were tender and juicy. The frozen yogurt instantly starts to melt from the heat of the peaches and the toasted coconut adds a sweet texture to each bite. While toasting the coconut my house smelled so good! If I could toast those babies every night I would. This is definitely something everyone has to try. Even if it's snowing outside, pull out a grill pan and get grilling! Totally worth it. :)




Grilled Peaches with Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:
3 peaches, cut in half
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
1 1/2 cups frozen yogurt
1 tablespoon honey (optional)

Directions:
  1. Heat grill to high.
  2. Brush peaches with oil. Grill until tender. 
  3. Plate 2 halves with a scoop of frozen yogurt and garnish with coconut flakes.
Serves 3.

Nutrition: (2 peach halves and 1/2 cup frozen yogurt) Calories 154; Fat 4g; Carb 28g; Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Fiber 2g



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...