Monday, October 8, 2012

Southwest Lasagna Rolls


Oh man this week has been a tough one. I have been feeling some kind of sick almost everyday and it lead to three full days of fever, stuffy nose, and nausea. Yesterday was our first year wedding anniversary and I was laying in bed all day with a pile of tissue on my night stand; and nothing but soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As much as I would have loved to have my husband home, I'm happy he didn't have to see me in all my glorified sickness. Not the prettiest thing in the world I'm sure. Being sick also keeps me from the kitchen. Which is not good when all I want to do is bake lots of muffins and cookies; all with pumpkin in them of course. I can not wait to get over this sickness, whatever it is, and get back to making delicious fall comfort food. 

This recipe was simple and so delicious. It had a warm, not too spicy, flavor with the perfect blend of cheese, chilies, and beans. Definitely something that can be made ahead of time and baked when ready to eat!







Southwest Lasagna Rolls
from tasteofhome Guilt Free Cooking

Ingredients:
1 can (15oz) fat-free vegetarian chili
1 carton (15 oz) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa

Direction:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the chili, cheeses, chilies, taco seasoning and salt. Spread about 1/2 cup on each noodle; carefully roll up. Place seam side down in a 13inx9inx2in baking dish coated with cooking spray. 
  2. Cover and bake at 350ยบ for 25 minutes. Uncover; top with salsa. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. 
Serves 8
Nutrition: (1 roll) Calories 259; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 23mg; Carb 31mg; Fiber 6g; Protein 15g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...