Monday, December 17, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies


So the packing of all of my belongings have begun! In only weeks my husband and I are going cross country to start a whole new chapter in our lives. I am very glad for these extra weeks to pack, because I forgot how much I have accumulated in the last couple years. After college I moved home to my mom's and I thought at that time my belongings had been greatly reduced. Apparently since then I have doubled it. Now that we are moving into a home that is ours, I am trying to only keep the things that really matter. Unfortunately, I am very bad at throwing things away! Everything I have has some kind of memory to it, although there must come a time when they have to go in the garbage or to a thrift store. I am getting better at it though. :)

These brownies were so yummy. Chocolate and pumpkin is a really great combination. They were almost like blondies, but with a great twist in flavor. I will definitely be making these again!





Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
adapted from penniesonaplatter.com

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filing)
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Line an 11x7in pan with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until throughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips. 
  4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before serving. 
Makes about 24 small brownies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...