Monday, December 31, 2012

Maple Pecan Pie


I am getting really adventurous in my cooking lately. There are many things I have never tried, but I have this craving to make. Sounds crazy right?! This recipe was one that fell into that same category. I actually made this for Thanksgiving (yes, I'm quite behind on my posts) and my brother loves Pecan Pie. Since he was going to be at dinner, I decided to attempt this pie that he loves. When he arrived he actually thought this was a store bought pie, because it was so pretty. Nope, all me! This just goes to show you don't need to be a pro chef to tear it up in the kitchen. ☺

I have had many firsts this year. Some I have not shared with you because they were obvious firsts. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year and I am excited to try even more recipes I wouldn't have thought of making only a year ago. 2013 is also the year this tour is ending and my husband comes home. I'm really excited to start a new chapter in life with my better half. He is the one that will eat pretty much everything so I am forecasting a lot of different foods being cooked up in my kitchen. ☺

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2013 brings you all happiness and joy!






Maple Pecan Pie
foodnetwork magazine

Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie crust
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon bourbon, such as Maker's Mark
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 cups whole pecan halves (9 ounces)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pie crust. Place on a sheet pan.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, butter, eggs, bourbon, vanilla, orange zest and salt. Stir in the pecans and pour into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the center is just set. Set aside to cool, and serve. 
Serves 8

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...