Friday, November 25, 2011

Apple Cranberry Bread


I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was fantastic! This year I was in charge of the bird and I have to say, I didn't completely ruin it. I may have taken it out of the oven a bit early, but don't worry we continued to cook the pink parts and we didn't get food poisoning. So I have to give myself credit for doing a decent job for my first time roasting a turkey. We also had delicious mashed potatoes and yummy cranberry sauce. Mmm I wish it was yesterday all over again! 
Here is a delicious quick bread that I couldn't stop eating! Happy Holidays everyone!









Apple Cranberry Bread
tasteofhome Guilt Free Cooking


Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 2.5 small Granny Smith apples)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture just until combined (batter will be thick). Stir in the apples cranberries and walnuts.
  3. Transfer to an 8″x4″x2″ loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. 
Makes 1 loaf (16 slices)
Nutrition: (1 slice) Calories 140; Fat 5g; Cholesterol 27mg; Sodium 143mg; Carb 22g; Fiber 1g; Protein 3g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...