Saturday, November 5, 2011

Penne Sausage Bake


If you can't come up with any other name, Pasta Casserole. I love pasta casseroles. Well, I love pasta, but when you are able to just throw it all in a dish and bake it, that's when my heart grows. I was surprised by the amount of taste this dish had without a lot of spices. If you find the right kind of sausage, you can really add a lot of flavor with out dumping in tons of seasonings. 
Of course, while you are cooking you want to add a little salt and pepper to each layer. I added a bit of s&p to the onions and peppers, then again when I added the sausage. You can really tell the difference with just these two seasonings. That is a little trick I learned from a very well known TV chef. She is one of my favorites and loves to cook italian food! Just a little hint. :) I, of course, love my spicy so after I added the cheese I sprinkled on a little red pepper flakes.




This was super easy and quick. It also was eaten fast, so I will have to make this again!

Penne Sausage Bake
tasteofhome Guilt Free Cooking


Ingredients:
1 package (16 oz) uncooked penne pasta
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Italian Turkey sausage links, casings removed
3 cups fat-free meatless spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Direction:
  1. Cook pasta according to package direction; drain. In a large skillet, saute green pepper an onion in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
  2. Transfer to a 3-qt baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350' for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Makes 9 servings
Nutrition: (1 cup) Calories 276; Fat 11g; Chol 40mg; Sodium 948mg; Carb 25g; Fiber 1g; Protein 18g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...