Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Biscotti


Today is one of the best days of the year! The day we can all get together, watch football, drink, and eat as many wings as we can. I enjoy the fact that the day is full of appetizers. Wings, chips and salsa, Cheese Queso, hot dogs, etc. Finger foods are always the best. Today I am sitting at home with my mom and grandma watching the game. I know, I'm exciting! So since it was only going to be a few of us, I didn't want to make a lot. I resorted to one snack that I plan on making a half hour before the game. Of course this biscotti is not what I made! I will post that recipe a little later. 

I have been on a biscotti kick for some reason. Ever since I made my Gingerbread Biscotti I have wanted to keep my cookie jar filled with these delicious little cookies. My morning coffee is much more exciting now. This recipe is great because it's chocolate chocolate! So good dipped in hot chocolate or coffee. When you make biscotti you are in control of how crunchy or soft you want them. The crunchier, the longer you bake the second time. I baked mine much longer than the recipe asked and it was still softer than I wanted. Of course, they are delicious either way so I was not against eating them. It is great because the hot coffee softens the chocolate chips and makes them all melty! Yum! 



This is normal sugar!

Place it in a food processor, blender...whichever you have. Pulse for about 30 seconds.

You should now have superfine sugar. It's not as fine as powdered sugar, but more in between.










Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Gina's Skinny Taste


Ingredients:
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup superfine sugar (you can put sugar in food processor)
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 large egg white

Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add chocolate chips and mix. Gradually add eggs and egg whites to the mixture and combine to make a dough. (If dough is too dry add one more egg white.)
  3. Divide the dough into two or three loafs. Place on the lined baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, gently cut the loaves on an angle into 1/2 inch slices (a serrated knife works good for this).
  4. Return to the baking sheets fitting as many as you can. You may need to do this in batches. Bake the biscotti for another 3-4 minutes on each side. (less time if you like it softer)
Makes around 24
Nutrition: (per cookie) Calories 100.9; Fat 2.9g; Carb 18.2g; Fiber 1.1g; Protein 1.9g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...