Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gingerbread Biscotti


The past three weeks I had a great holiday vacation with my husband. That is why I haven't posted anything new in a while. Also, if you haven't noticed already, my older posts have lost their pictures and now just have large black squares in their place. Well, that is completely my fault. We got new phones over the holidays and I had no idea my blog was synched up to my email, and therefore was synched with my phone. To save space on my phone I deleted the 200+ pictures from my phone, because I had no idea why they were there in the first place. Well, as you can see those picture were from here and were removed. I can't believe I did that and I feel lame! It will take me a while to repost the pictures, but I am determined to get them all back up. Now that my husband is stationed overseas I have a lot of time on my hands, and need to keep busy. I will try to catch up as much as possible with my recipes.

This one I did a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting. Looking back at the pictures I will have to make biscotti again, because it was so nice to have a little something with my coffee in the morning.





I made mine a little too think near the middle so it took a bit longer for them in the oven. They were still crazy delicious, but to save time I would flatten them out a little.


At this point you can leave them like this, or you can dip them in chocolate as I did! I had some dark chocolate bakers squares in my cupboard so I just had to do it. I think it makes a big difference, but it's not necessary.




Gingerbread Biscotti
allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375ยบ. Grease a cookie sheet.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
  3. Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls onto cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Taper the sides to create the sloping "biscotti" shape.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
  5. When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5-7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.
Makes approximately 48 cookies. 
Nutrition: (per cookie without chocolate) Calories 70; Fat 2g; Carbs 12.1g; Protein 1.4g; Cholesterol 13mg 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...