Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Biscotti


I can not believe it has taken me this long to make Pumpkin Biscotti! Not only do I love biscotti, but I LOVE pumpkin. No need to fret anymore, because I have finally done what is right. These cookies were a great addition to my morning coffee. A hint of ginger and nutmeg, and a crunch from the pumpkin seeds. I took the white chocolate and just did a little drizzle. If you want to you are more than welcome to just dunk half of the cookie into the melted chocolate. As much as I love chocolate, white chocolate can be a little too rich for me.

These would be a great addition to Thanksgiving breakfast if you plan on a large family gathering. I know I would love it if someone had these sitting out waiting for me to enjoy. :)




The dough is very sticky so just work slowly to get it into the shape you desire.



Pumpkin Biscotti
dessertfortwo.com

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch of ginger
pinch of ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3 tablespoons pepitas, lightly toasted
1 ounces white baking chocolate (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat together with a whisk the egg, sugar, and baking powder. Beat vigorously until the mixture turns pale yellow and falls back in ribbons on itself when you lift out the whisk. 
  3. Next, add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and vanilla. Continue whisking, aerating the mixture. 
  4. Finally, sprinkle the flour on top and fold it in with a spatula. Fold in the pepitas last. 
  5. Shape the dough into a flat log about 3" wide and 8" longs, using wet fingertips. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  6. Remove from the oven, turn the oven down to 300º and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice into 1/2" slices, place them back on the baking sheet and bake another 30 minutes, turning them over half-way. 
  7. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Transfer melted chocolate into a small ziplock back and snip a small corner of the bag. Pressing gently from the top drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti. Let cool and serve with your favorite hot beverage!
Makes 12 cookies.
Nutrition: (one cookie) Calories 104; Fat 2g; Protein 2g; Fiber 0g; Cholesterol 15mg; Carbs 20g

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am inspired!
Very useful information specially the last section :) I handle such information a lot.

I used to be looking for this particular information for a very long time.

Thanks and best of luck.
Also see my website :: click here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...