Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Penne with Asparagus


Still getting back into my routine this week. It was definitely hard going back to work after a glorious week off, but I have to do it to make these next 6 months go by fast. I also need to get back to cooking, but for some reason I haven't been in the mood. Sounds awful I know. I really need to pick it up. Pretty sure when I get into my first recipe I will get back into the groove of cooking almost every day. Just need that big ol' push!

This dish was simple and spicy. Great flavors and full of nutrition!









Penne with Asparagus
tasteofhome


Ingredients:
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 to 3 dashes of hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 pound penne or elbow pasta, cooked and drained

Directions: 
  1. In a large skillet, cook the garlic, red pepper flakes, and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 1 minute. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cheese. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 servings.

Nutrition: (1 cup) Calories 259; Fat 13g; Cholesterol 8mg; Sodium 83mg; Carb 30g; Fiber 2g; Protein 7g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...