Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cherry Tomato Focaccia


I have so many recipes stocked up to be posted, but I have been so busy lately. Or maybe it's called slacking? Not too sure, but I really need to step up my game. Feels like my spare time goes by really fast. We are starting to plan our ceremony and I find myself looking up ideas online for hours. So much to do when it comes to planning a wedding. If someone wants to do it for me I will gladly hand over the reigns. That way I can sit and make delicious focaccia bread all day! :)




Cherry Tomato Focaccia
from Simply Delicious Italian

Ingredients:
16 oz pre-made pizza dough, or homemade
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
12-16 cherry tomato, sliced
Salt and pepper
Fresh oregano to garnish

Directions:
  1. Prepare the pizza dough according to package directions. 
  2. If homemade, work half of the olive oil into the dough as you knead. Let rise in a warm place for 2 hours. 
  3. Preheat the oen to 425ยบ. Oil a 12 inch pizza pan. 
  4. Turn the dough out into a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Press the dough into the prepared pan using your fingertips. Cover with the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with remaining olive oil. 
  5. Bake until the focaccia is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Garnish with the oregano.
  6. Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...