Saturday, September 22, 2012

Individual Low-Fat Lemon Cheesecake


One day I was craving cheesecake (naturally), but I didn't want a huge delicious cheesecake calling my name every time I opened the fridge. So I thought about single servings that won't make me really screw up my meal plan. These little pie crusts are very easy to find at any grocery store in the baking isle. Cheesecake has to be one of my favorite desserts, other than ice cream. Pumpkin cheesecake, raspberry cheesecake...pretty much any flavor will do. I throughly enjoy lemon flavor, and when I found this recipe I couldn't help but go for it. In the end I was very happy with the outcome. So fast and still satisfying. 

Now, when I call these low fat I don't mean they are super good for you. Just because there may not be a lot of fat, there is still a good amount of calories. One good thing is that the individual sizes stop you from eating to much. 

Stop reading, and start making dessert!! 

I didn't use all of these lemons, I didn't know how much I would need.





Individual Low-Fat Lemon Cheesecake
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
8-10 mini graham cracker crusts
1 (8oz) block 1/3 fat less cream cheese, softened
1 (14oz) non-fat sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 small lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fruit topping of choice

Directions:
  1. Place softened cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Beat until well blended. Pour mixture into individual graham cracker crusts. Depending on their size you can fill 8-10. Chill for 5 hours. Do not freeze.
  2. Top with sliced strawberries, cherry pie filling, blueberries...etc. 
Makes 8-10
Nutrition: (1 pie crust and cheesecake) Calories 430; Fat 8g; Carb 80mg; Cholesterol 16mg; Protein 13g; Fiber 1g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...