Friday, September 28, 2012

Light Fudgy Brownies


It's starting to get colder outside and I noticed that my shopping habits have also started changing. While I was at the store yesterday I found myself gravitating towards the hot chocolate and pumpkin flavored marshmellows. I swear I had a cup of rich hot chocolate with a couple pumpkin marshmellows melting on top almost every other day last year. Can not wait for those days when it's raining and chilly and I can pull out my book and a mug of steaming hot chocolate! On those kind of days I also enjoy just being in the kitchen and baking up tons of yummy treats. As you can see, I love fall. :)

These little chocolate beauties are great for a quick sweet craving. Very simple and moist. Just make sure to not over bake them, then you will miss out on the fudgy gooey ness!! I could have taken mine out a few minutes earlier, but I still ate them of course. :)







Light Fudgy Brownies
from Cooking Yourself Thin Faster

Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for pan
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Preheat over 350ยบ.
  2. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray and then coat the pan with cocoa powder.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine the oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk well until blended. Gently mix in the flour mixture and transfer the batter to the pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes, taking care not to overback. A toothpick inserted into the center should not be completely dry. A few moist crumbs on the pick means you will have fudgy brownies.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...