Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Garlic Chicken - High in Protein!


There I go again, slacking on my posts! I swear this week has just flown by. One day it was September 21st and the next it's the 26th. Now don't get me wrong I am in no way complaining. The faster these next few months go the happier I will be. Looking back at this year I am so surprised at how far we have gotten in this deployment. We only have a bit more to go. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

In the meantime I am drowning myself in delicious meals that I will one day cook for my husband. Pretty sure I pick recipes I know he will like and do them as practice. Trust me, there are recipes I do that I don't post because of trial and error. For example, I have roasted a bird here and there, but I have not been satisfied with the outcome. I know, I know...you are probably thinking, "What roasting a chicken is so easy!" Well, not for me apparently. No worries though, I am going to keep roasting those birds until I get them perfect. It's all about pushing yourself no matter how many times you fail, and that has been a good amount of times for me in the kitchen. :)




Garlic Chicken
food.com

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided

Directions:

  1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large saute pan at medium-high heat, saute garlic until fragrant. 
  2. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Wait until cool enough to touch, then rub on chicken breasts; both sides. Salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Using same pan, heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil at medium-high. Cook chicken until cooked through, 6-8 minutes on both sides. 
  4. Let chicken sit for a few minutes, then cut into 1 inch strips. Serve with rice and/or vegetables. 
Serves 4
Nutrition: (1 chicken breast) Calories 221.2; Fat 6.4g; Cholesterol 75.5mg; Carb 14.5g; Protein 25.2g; Fiber 0g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...