Saturday, September 1, 2012

Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies


It's September! This year really is going a lot faster than I thought it would, but I am not complaining, believe me. The rest of the year can fly by and I will be as happy as a clam. Only four more major holidays until my better half comes home and we will drive half way across country to start our new adventure! 

These cookies are so great for a sweet snack. My only problem was that I did not have baking soda and could only find baking powder. I tried the substitute with 2 teaspoons baking powder, but I feel like it didn't come out as it should have. Baking soda is what makes your cakes and cookies rise, so it's really important in a baking recipe. I would definitely makes these again though, but this time I am going to make sure I have baking soda!! If you love banana's please try these cookies!






Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies
 From Cookinglight

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 350.
  2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
  3. Weight or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Drop batter by heaping tablespoon 2 inches apart onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks. 
Makes 24 cookies
Nutrition: (per cookie) Calories 115;  Fat 3.6g; Protein 2g; Fiber 1.2g; Cholesterol 14mg; Carb 19.1g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...