Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grilled Raspberry and Rosemary-Glazed Chicken Drumsticks


Ever since I bought my cast iron grill pan, I have been trying to find reasons to use it. As much as I like grilling outdoors, I want to find as many recipes for indoor grilling as I can. We are in the Pacific Northwest where summer lasts for like two weeks. The char on the drumsticks was a bit more than what I would have liked, but I am still learning how to use my cast iron pan and I turned the heat on a little too high at first. You should have seen my kitchen, it was a little hazy there for a couple minutes. Oh how I love fanning my smoke detector so it doesn't go off. I'm sure everyone has had to do that once or twice right...right?! :)








Grilled Raspberry and Rosemary-Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices


Ingredients:
1/4 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 tablespoon rosemary, minced
2 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed

Directions:
  1. Mix spreadable fruit, lemon juice, mustard, and rosemary; brush on drumsticks. 
  2. Heat cast iron grill pan on medium heat, when hot brush lightly with oil. Grill drumsticks 5-6 minutes per side, 25-30 mins until center reaches 160ยบ with thermometer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Occasionally brush with extra fruit mixture. To make chicken cook faster, and prevent lots of splatter, cover lightly with any kind of pan lid. 
  3. To Broil: Set oven control to broil. Place chicken on broiler pan. Brush with fruit mixture. Broil chicken with tips 7 to 9 inches from heat 20 minutes; turn. Brush with fruit mixture. Broil 10 to 15 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. 
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition: (2 drumsticks) Calories 270; Fat 12g; Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 130mg; Carb 10g; Fiber 0g; Protein 30g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...