Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas


For the next few days I am all by myself for the first time in two years. My mom is off visiting family, and my husband is still overseas...so it's just me and two cats. It's so weird waking up in an empty house. It is even more weird cooking for just myself! This may be good practice for me when we get stationed across the country and he may be deployed. I guess I should start learning how to cook for one now, huh? The sad thing? I really want to make cupcakes, but I do not want a dozen cupcakes sitting around when it's only me, and I could possibly eat them all! Who wants me to make them cupcakes? :)
I also added one large jalapeno, seeded and sliced thinly. 



With about 45 minutes to go, I decided there needed to be a bit more spice so I added about 2 tablespoons hot sauce.  Yum!



Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
food.com


Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into strips
1 sweet onion, cut into thin wedges and separated
2 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
6-8 flour tortillas, warmed
shredded cheese (optional)
salsa (optional)
sour cream (optional)
shredded lettuce (optional)

Directions:
  1. Place chicken and onions (and peppers, if using) in crock pot. Sprinkle spices all over. Add lime juice and stir well.
  2. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once or twice. If you start with frozen chicken breast, you might need to cook for longer than 6 hours. 
  3. Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings. 
Makes 6-8 servings.
Nutrition: (per serving if serving 6 people) Calories 299.7; Fat 12.9g; Cholesterol 72.6mg; Sodium 267.3mg; Carb 17.9g; Protein 26.4g; Fiber 1.3g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...