Sunday, March 25, 2012

Guilt Free Spinach Burritos


This weekend is the best weather we have had all year up here in the Pacific Northwest. I made a point to get outside, even if for a little bit. When the sun comes out and the allergies hit, it makes me want to pull out the barbecue and grill just about anything. Once summer hits I will probable be posting a lot of grilling recipes. This summer I am determined to grill a pizza. I have never eaten one or made one, and I look forward to it! 

These vegetarian burritos were delicious! I had cheese in my fridge so I didn't but any cheddar that the recipe asked for. As I said before, I always squirm at the mention of cheddar. I really don't know why. Anyways, the Lite Mexican Blend I had in my fridge went really well with this recipe. I used whole wheat tortillas, which worked out fine, but I think I would have used regular flour if I had the chance. At the store I was looking for the fat free 10 inch tortillas, but I couldn't find any in that size. So I settled for the wheat, which I probably would have gone for in the first place. I just think the regular flour would have tasted a bit better, and cooked nicer in the oven. Other than that, this recipe was healthy and delicious! 








Spinach Burritos
Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking


Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons margarine
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches)
3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
2 cups (8 oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350º
  2. In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in margarine until tender. Add the spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Place about 3 tablespoonfuls on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
  3. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings
Nutrition: (1 burrito) Calories 262; Fat 9g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 550mg; Carb 31g; Fiber 0g; Protein 17g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...