Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kahlua Fudge


Who doesn't love a small little cube of rich chocolate? Especially chocolate mixed with coffee liqueur and fluffy marshmallow! This fudge is crazy rich and addictive. I brought them to work and only had a couple squares before they were devoured by everyone else.

I am loving my new job because it gives me the excuse to make tons of desserts to curb my sugar craving, while allowing me to make people smile. Whenever I make desserts  I enjoy them for one night, then they tend to go bad because I don't eat them fast enough. This way I can eat my share, maybe stash a few for later, then give the rest away so I'm not tempted to eat it all. Plus, I'm making fast friends at work when I bring in yummy things. There is over 150 people in my department and if I could make something for each person I would love too, but the lucky ones are the 15 or so people in my team. I brought in cookies for them yesterday and they are excited for the next potluck. :)






Kahlua Fudge
momswhothink.com


Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Kahlua
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup nuts, if desired

Directions:
  1. Line a 8" baking pan with foil. In 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, milk, butter, Kahlua, and salt. 
  2. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 min. Remove from heat; add all chocolate. Stir until melted.
  3. Add vanilla (and nuts if using). Turning into prepared pan. 
  4. Refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut in squares. 
Makes about 2 3/4 pounds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...