Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quick and Healthy Pork Tenderloin with Red and Yellow Peppers


This week I have been so tired almost every day. I am blaming it on the allergy medicine that my doctor prescribed me. It makes you drowsy, so I take it before I go to bed, but when I wake up I am just so tired. Why prescribe me an allergy medicine I can't take during the day, when I actually have the allergies?! Well, I have been chugging the coffee and trying to stay active so I can wake up. 

Right now, cooking seems to be the only thing I can look forward to in the next few weeks, until the day my soldier comes home gets closer. :)



Make sure to cut off the sliver skin on the tenderloin, then trim the fat as much as possible. 







Quick and Healthy Pork Tenderloin with Red and Yellow Peppers
adapted from Cooking Light Magazine - Issue January/February 2011 issue

Ingredients:
1 (1pound) pork tenderloin trimmed and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and mashed (If you do not like anchovy you can substitute 3 tablespoons minced kalamata olives, or 3/4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce)
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick slices
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick slices

Directions: 
  1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn pork over. 
  2. Add 1 teaspoon rosemary, anchovies, garlic, and bell peppers; cook 7 minutes or until peppers are tender and pork is done.
  3. Drizzle with vinegar. Top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. 
Makes 4 servings (3oz pork and about 1/2 cup bell pepper mixture)
Nutrition: Calories 215; Fat 10.1g; Protein 25.2g; Carb 5g; Fiber 1.4g; Cholesterol 78mg; Sodium 441mg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...