Friday, May 11, 2012

Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting


This week has been one of anxiety and nervousness. It is the last week of my 5 week training at my new job, and we finally got on the phones and actually did what we were trained to do. I was so nervous about actually speaking with someone on the phone. Not because I didn't know what I was doing, but because I was afraid that I would completely mess up and ruin someone's account. Well yesterday we finally graduated to that step and I feel so much better. As I keep telling myself, I can't get better at something, if I don't do it. :)

Here is the other half of those 68 mini cupcakes I made a couple weeks ago. Along with the Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes, I made these delicious little beauties and took them to work for my co-workers. I got good reviews and I will definitely make them again, but I had at least three of them the night I was making these. Taste testing. :)









While your cupcakes cool (you can put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes) make your frosting. 


This sweet device makes frosting desserts so simple!!




Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting


Ingredients:
12 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ.
  2. Place 40 liners in mini muffin pan. 
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. When light and fluffy, beat in the eggs one at a time. 
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a measuring cup, combine the buttermilk and vanilla extract. 
  5. With the mixer on low speed (or by hand), stir one third of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Blend in half of the buttermilk, followed by another of the flour mixture. Stir in the remaining buttermilk/vanilla and the rest of the flour, mixing only until no streaks of flour remain. Divide even into prepared muffins cups, filling each about 2/3-3/4 full. 
  6. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting. 
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer, until frosting is creamy, 3-5 minutes. 

Makes 40 mini cupcakes. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...