Sunday, May 6, 2012

High Protein Balsamic Chicken


You know when you find a new thing you want all of it? That is how it is with this store I found at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. Last year my husband and I want to Leavenworth, Washington. It is an adorable little Bavarian town with fantastic food. There we found a store that sold infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and I brought home some of the best garlic olive oil I have ever had. Unfortunately that little town is over two hours away and I couldn't just stop by to acquire more. Then later in the year my husband and I took a day trip to the public market, and we stumbled across another store that sold infused oils and vinegar. Thankfully there were samples of their best selling bottles and I couldn't pass up buying one. After that bottle was dry I was able to go back and stock up. I love that I can have delicious oils to cook with and make my dinners that much more flavorful. If you have a store like this around your home, please go check it out. It will be well worth the time and money!
This is a Garlic and Pepper Balsamic and a Basil Olive Oil. I bought them at a shop called Sotto Voce right in the middle of the Pike Place Market. I just had to use them with this recipe and I was happy that I did. :)


You can serve this chicken with whatever you like. I went for one of those microwavable cups of ready rice, and just steamed some broccoli. Delicious and nutritious! :)


High Protein Balsamic Chicken
allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (cut in thin 2-inch strips)
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly chopped garlic (est 4-5 cloves)
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Heat oil in a pan at medium-high heat, add garlic. Saute, till golden. 
  2. Add chicken and stir well.
  3. Add balsamic and salt and pepper.
  4. Reduce the heat to medium and let the excess liquid evaporate.
  5. Keep stirring to evenly cook chicken, and make sure that all the liquid dries up and the chicken is well coated with balsamic vinegar.
  6. Serve hot with rice, whole wheat pasta, and/or veggies.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition: Calories 166.5; Fat 5.4g; Carbs 9.9g; Protein 16.8g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...