Monday, June 18, 2012

Light Chocolate Crinkles


I love making desserts and recipes from scratch, but sometimes you just have to go the lazy way. Sometimes that lazy way is a delicious way. I found this simple recipe for cookies that I have been craving for weeks now. First I skipped over it because it included the boxed mix, but when I started to think about it, I decided why not try. For some reason I had this thinking that boxed cake/cookie mix didn't taste as good as recipes from scratch. Well that is true in most cases, but this time I do not regret buying that little blue box to makes these little cookies of goodness. They had a crumbly light flavor, but a one that made you want to go back for more. It was my first week with my new team at work, so I decided to bring them a little something as a hello from me. There were a few that came back for seconds, thirds, and even forths! I had to stash two cookies for myself, otherwise they would have been gone. If you don't want to spend tons of money or lots of ingredients, buy a box of cake mix and make these sweet chocolatey cookies without all the calories. :)









Light Chocolate Crinkles
Light Cooking cookbook


Ingredients:
1 box Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup Puritan Oil (omega 3)
4 teaspoons milk
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375º. Grease cookie sheets.
  2. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and milk in large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Place confectioners sugar in small bowl. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into confectioners sugar. Roll to coat and form into balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. 
  3. Bake at 375º for 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling rack. 
Makes 3 dozen
Nutrition: (1 cookie) Calories 81; Fat 3g; Cholesterol 12mg; Sodium 121mg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...