Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pulled Pork Panini


After my day of slow-cooking I found that I had plenty of Pulled Pork left over to feed a family of 10. I then spent the next couple days finding ways to use those left overs. Then I came across this naan bread at the store. All of a sudden I was in the mood for a warm pork panini. This really is a fast recipe, the only time taking part is the caramelization of the onions. Now don't judge me on my onions, it was my first time making them. Perfection comes with practice and I plan on making them again many times! 

The one surprise from this was the bread. It came out of the panini press crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. A few days later I paired the second bread with a large bowl of pasta, and it was fantastic. I have found recipes for naan bread and I plan on making it very soon! 









Pulled Pork Panini


Ingredients:
1 flatbread, wrap, pita, or naan
1 onion, caramlized
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup bbq pulled pork
1 -2 tablespoons cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. Heat a non stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onion julienned. Stirring occasionally so onions don't stick, cook until onion is brown and soft; about 20-30 minutes. 
  2. Place pork on 1/2 of bread, layer with cheese and onions. Press in a panini press and cook until heated through. Cut in half.
Serves 2
Nutrition: Calories 413; Fat 19g; Cholesterol 51mg; Carb 41mg; Fiber 5g; Protein 25g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...