Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lightened Raspberry Coffee Cake


Today is my "Friday", well not really cause I only have one day off, but still. I really look forward to my days off now because, not only do I not have to go to work, but I spend all day cooking up a storm! The last couple of weeks I have done two or three recipes each day I don't have to work. I have noticed that my bank account if full of grocery store purchases lately. My husband is lucky, I am not a big clothes shopper, I'm a food shopper! :)





Raspberry Coffee Cake
Tasteofhome Guilt Free Cooking

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened fresh or frozen raspberries*
1 tablespoon sliced almonds

Glaze:
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the egg, yogurt, butter, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
  2. Spoon two-thirds of batter into 8-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the brown sugar and raspberries; sprinkle over batter. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
  3. Bake at 350ยบ for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
  4. In a bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If using frozen raspberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.

Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition: (1 wedge) Calories 178; Fat 4g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 178mg; Carbs 32g; Fiber 2g; Protein 4g


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...