Friday, June 1, 2012

Oreo Pops


This week has been stressful in so many ways. Right now my only way to relax is through yoga and cooking. Of course my first choice would be cooking, but after a long day at work I am just too tired to spend hours in the kitchen. I really have to get used to this new work schedule and learning to let loose during the week, and not just on my days off. 

I found this recipe all over pinterest and the web. My first thought was, "Um, calories on a stick." Of course I wasn't going to make these on just any night for myself, but I really wanted to find a reason to make them. On my birthday we had a potluck at work and I thought that would be the perfect time to make them. This way I could try one for myself, and give the rest away to all my coworkers. I heard nothing but positives about these desserts. I chose to use the Berry Ice cream filling oreos because I wanted the eater to be surprised when they took a bite. Yes, they were rich and sweet, but all you need is one! 

I was intrigued by the almond bark at the store, but you can choose any kind of chocolate you want!












Oreo Pops
Idea from pinterest :)


Ingredients:
1 pack (30 cookies) of double stuff oreos, or desired flavor
24 oz of baking chocolate
Sprinkles
Lollipop sticks

Directions:
  1. Carefully twist apart the oreos, leaving all creme on one side.*
  2. Melt chocolate according to package directions.
  3. Gently press one lollipop into each cookie. Using a small amount of melted chocolate, "cement" the top half of the oreo onto the bottom half. Let rest for 5 minutes. 
  4. Dip the oreo into the melted chocolate, spooning it over so it is all covered.
  5. While chocolate is still soft, decorate with sprinkles or any other kind of decorations you desire.
  6. Let rest for an hour or until chocolate is harden completely. 
  7. Package or serves as you wish!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...